If you have duplicate contacts, you can merge them and any associated time entries, projects or invoices into another contact.
To do this:
- Go to the Contacts tab
- Find the contact you want to merge into another
- Click the red "X" on that contact. MinuteDock will prompt you for what you want to do.
- Choose to "Merge this contact into another".
Note: This will only appear if there are time entries or projects that can be merged. Otherwise, MinuteDock will prompt you to delete the contact.
- Select the contact you want to merge this contact into from the list.
If this contact is linked to an accounting system:
MinuteDock will copy the link over to the contact you select to merge into, if possible.
If the contact you select as also linked to the accounting system, we will just copy time entries or projects over, and won't sync this client's version of the linked contact from your accounting system again. We do this so that it doesn't automatically re-appear the next time a Sync is performed.
- Once you're sure everything is correct, press "Hide Contact". Warning: Merges of any time entries or projects are permanent and can not be rolled-back.