MinuteDock allows you to track expenses and include them in your invoices when you bill your clients. You can track either a ‘one-off’ expense with a monetary value, or choose from pre-priced items in your Items list.
Expenses is still in beta – to get Expenses enabled on your account, send an email to email@example.com
To add an expense
- Go to the Expenses tab
- Click ‘Add Expense’
- Assign the Contact or Project you wish to track for by using the @ and # buttons
- Select from your list of Items (see below on how to create an Item), or select a one off expense. Items will already have a billable value so you will be selecting the quantity of items to bill. A one off expense will be something that is not already in your items list and will require a billable amount.
- Enter the quantity or cost for your expense
- Add any notes
To edit an expense
- Click on the expense to edit
- Change any details including the date, contact/project, item, quantity and notes
- Save the expense by pressing [Enter] or clicking the tick icon.
To delete an expense, click the delete button (the red ‘X’).
To set up an expensable Item
- Head to the Expenses tab
- Click on the ‘Items’ sub-tab
- Click on ‘Add Item’
- Name your item and give it a billable amount. You can also include a description here if you’d like.
- Hit ‘Save’ to add the Item to your list.